How to Join
Become a CalMHSA Member
Join Now — Here’s How:
To be accepted for membership to CalMHSA, your county must do the following:
- Completed CalMHSA’s Application for Membership Form and submit with required Application Fee to Program Director, Ann Collentine, 3040 Gold Canal Drive, Suite 200, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your county’s required application fee is based on population as indicated on the application form.
Once your county’s application has been received by CalMHSA, you will be asked to:
- Submit a Signed Participating Resolution by your county’s Board of Supervisors approving your county’s membership. (For your reference, examples of Signed Participating Resolution Forms are here.)
- Execute the Joint Powers Authority (JPA) Agreement in effect and agree to be bound by any subsequent amendments to the agreement. (For your reference, CalMHSA’s JPA Agreement under Documents.)
- Designate an alternate to the Board as Representative.
- Complete and return to CalMHSA the required Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) forms.
*All applications are reviewed by CalMHSA’s Executive Director. A meeting may be scheduled to discuss your county’s application. The Board shall either approve or disapprove your application based on CalMHSA’s Executive Director’s recommendation, the application, and any inspections, reports, or other material pertinent to the decision. Please allow 30 days for CalMHSA’s membership application process.