Evaluation Approaches for Prevention and Early Intervention
Evaluation Approaches for Different Kinds of Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) Programs.
This 1-day work group focused on how to design and conduct evaluation for different kinds of PEI programs including:
- outreach and public awareness campaigns,
- gatekeeper training and education,
- screening and referral,
- counseling and support programs and
- clinical services for early intervention.
Building upon previous workshops and webinars and a focus on outcomes, we will address how to:
- Develop and use program goals and benchmarks as a first step in evaluation
- Develop evaluation questions and select an appropriate design,
- Collect and analyze data, and
- Interpret and use the results to improve program performance.
Work group materials:
- Presentation in PDF and Powerpoint.
- Schematic of Evaluation Approaches by type of PEI Program
Small Group Exercise materials:
- Small Group Exercise: Facilitator Instructions
- Counseling and Support Programs
- Early Intervention Programs
- Gatekeeper Programs
- Outreach and Public Awareness Programs
- Screening and Referral Programs
- System Change Efforts Programs